Obligatory Birthday Post

10:48 AM 5 Comments A+ a-





Today is my 24th birthday. I do not feel older until I realize that next year I will be 25, which for some reason seems old. Not old in the scheme of my life, but old like "now I have to be an adult". Which is funny because I am an adult. I live by myself, pay all my own bills, have a good, adult job, etc, but somehow 25 seems like time to start thinking about adult things like marriage, babies, buying a house, not eating cupcakes for breakfast and spending 20 minutes a day re-painting my nails.... I guess I have a year to worry about it!

Anyway, just some birthday musings for ya on this Monday morning ;)

For the past few years I have made a list goals to completed in the year between my birthdays. 23 by 23 went pretty well, but 24 by 24 was rubbish, so I'm hoping I'll get all 25 by 25 finished in the next year. Here's the list so far (it's subject to change in the first month or so). Maybe by putting it on my blog I'll be more accountable? Probably not, but it's worth a shot...

25 X 25

1. Read 25 books
2. Watch 25 movies from AFI's Top 100
3. Sew 25 articles of clothing for myself
4. Sew 5 things for other people (or animals)
5. Make a Lady Grey coat
6. Learn how to knit or crochet
7. Create a plan for saving and paying down debt and stick to it!
8. Save a $1,000 for a rainy day
9. Figure out my career goals for the next few years
10. Join a Sunday school class/small group/etc.
11. Empty out my "filing" box
12. Decorate my kitchen
13. Take a trip
14. Go see a Spurs game
15. Go through and recycle magazines
16. Donate 25 pieces of clothing/shoes/etc.
17. Find my perfect foundation
18. Find my perfect shade of red lipstick
19. Find a new hairstyle
20. Learn to curl my hair with my GHD straightener
21. Bake someone a birthday cake
22. Find a healthy muffin/bread recipe that I love
23. Learn to make really good broccoli and cheese soup
24. Buy a nice camera
25. Buy myself a nice piece of jewelry


I'm off today so I'm finishing up several sewing projects that I'll post later today and this week!

Also, saw Harry Potter with the parents for my birthday on Friday. It's come out around my birthday every year for the past few years so this has been sort of a birthday tradition. I sobbed through the whole second half. Don't know what I'll do for my birthday next year!




Happy Monday!

5 comments

Write comments
Valerie
AUTHOR
July 25, 2011 at 12:50 PM delete

Love the idea of a list for each year! And also, happy 24th!

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
July 25, 2011 at 1:30 PM delete

happiest of birthdays, girlfriend!!! Love the list, and you'll definitely have to share some of those healthy recipes you are hunting. I sobbed through the second half too...and I've read the books!

Reply
avatar
Gail
AUTHOR
July 25, 2011 at 6:14 PM delete

Happy birthday. 24 is so young, so enjoy your youth - it doesn't last forever.
And for your birthday I give you a healthy muffin recipe. Mix 1.5 cups of sifted SR flour, 1 cup of rolled oats (not instant), scant cup brown sugar, 0.5 teaspoon of bicarb, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 2 mashed bananas, 1 grated carrot, sultanas or nuts optional. In a separate bowl wisk 2 eggs and 0.5 cups vegetable oil. Add to dry ingredients. If not moist enough add small quantity of fruit juice (I've reduced the amount of oil so you'll need to do this). Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 30 minutes or until set.

Reply
avatar
Jemima
AUTHOR
July 26, 2011 at 3:31 AM delete

Happy Birthday! I agree re turning 25, but it wasn't until I got to 27 that I started to think 'why am I not a grown up yet??' x

Reply
avatar