8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week 7
2 more weeks! I feel like I'm really get stuff accomplished through this challenge!
Last weeks goals:
1. Clean out and organize cabinet in bathroom. Working on it right now, stopped to post!
2.Weed through my books. Done!
3. Buy flowers for my house. Bought a rose plant so that I'll have flowers for more than just the week!
Week 7 is Personal Style. The guest blogger on Sometimes Sweet was Elsie from A Beautiful Mess, a blog I ADORE! Since I'm a sewing blogger, the "personal style" goals are going to relate more to sewing than anything else.
1. Go through my fabric and weed out any pieces that don't fit what I consider to be my "personal style". Just because it was cheap and cute doesn't mean it will work for me and my wardrobe!
2. Plan my sewing projects for the rest of the summer and fall based on what holes I have in my wardrobe.
3. Weed out bags and accessories that don't match the rest of my wardrobe. I go through my clothes and shoes fairly often but I never go through bags and accessories. I'm sure there's a ton of random stuff in there!
On to the dress for the wedding...
I finished it in time and I have to say I love this pattern! (Opera Dress from Chic & Simple Sewing) It went together quickly and easily and it looks great on the inside too because I finished everything with french seams! (So glad I finally mastered that technique!) Love that it doesn't have a zipper, even though I have to do some interesting yoga poses to get in it. Didn't intend for it to be so boob-a-licous but I don't think it's too hoochy... Of course I didn't manage to get any pictures at the wedding, so I had to recreate back home...
Also, because I pretty much only knew the groom and groomsmen at the wedding, I had a lot of time to bum around Houston by myself while they were doing wedding things this weekend. I never shopped for fabric at Goodwill before but I ended up scoring some great fabric. The two pieces on the left are top sheets, the piece in the middle is cotton lawn and the grey piece on the right is a sweater knit. I've never sewn with this kind of knit before, or even really seen it for sale in stores so I'm a little nervous but it has cardigan written all over it...
Happy Tuesday Shoesday!