Lions and Tigers and Zebras?

4:51 PM 4 Comments A+ a-

I finally made my first piece from a Burda magazine! It's from the June 2011 issue, which the lovely Miss Dibs sent me a few months ago. It's probably the easiest thing Burda has ever put in a magazine, but since it was my first time tracing from the scary pattern pages, I wanted to keep it simple! The fabric is a zebra print satin from JoAnns that I've had forever. I was orginally going to just make a top, but in the spirit of stash busting, I decided to go ahead and make a dress with pockets. It's pretty much just a rectangle with a casing on the top for the ribbon but with a belt I think it's pretty cute. Also, since the fabric is pretty lightweight, I think I can tuck it into a pencil skirt with a cardigan for work.

In bigger news, IT RAINED TODAY! For normal people this might not be a big deal, but in Texas, we're having one of our longest droughts in recorded history so any rain is a HUGE deal. My coworkers and I literally stared out the window for 20 minutes in amazement this afternoon.
Almost Friday!

4 comments

Write comments
Gail
AUTHOR
August 25, 2011 at 7:48 PM delete

The dress looks great. I often tuck my silk dresses into a skirt for a different (or more corporate) look.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
August 26, 2011 at 2:04 AM delete

Very cute dress and what a good idea to tuck it into a skirt for work. I'll store that one away for when its useful.

I know what you mean about rain, it snowed at our house two weeks ago and it has never done that and settled before. Well, not in my lifetime anyway. I was more interested than the kids and could have stood and watched it fall all day.

Reply
avatar
Forrest
AUTHOR
August 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM delete

Thanks so much! And I'm so jealous about the snow! I don't know the last time I saw snow here!

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
August 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM delete

Love this dress! The fabric looks divine. Yay for rain!!!!

Reply
avatar