Skirt of Armor

3:33 PM 4 Comments A+ a-

So, as often happens when I set lofty goals, life got in the way this week and even though I cut out 3 tops on Sunday, I didn't get around to making any. However, I was able to make a quick outfit last night for a concert this weekend. Both the top and the skirt were self drafted. The top was from Miss P's tutorial for a quick drafted top. The skirt is inspired by this tutorial by Mommy Go Round via Sweet Verbena...

I was dumb when drafting the pattern for the top and I made the neckline a little too large, so this has become yet another off the shoulder top (accidentally cut my face out of this one...). Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, I was looking to make a blousy, slightly over sized top to tuck into skirts and this fits the bill.

I have to admit I kind of love this skirt. It makes me laugh and I think it's going to be great for work with a cardigan (they already think I dress weird...)

Hopefully I'll get to the tops tomorrow night, and in the meantime, I'll have another fun project to show you tomorrow!

Happy weekend!

4 comments

Write comments
Dibs
AUTHOR
October 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM delete

I have the Miss P's top in my to do list. Might make it this week actually. The skirt is lovely. What fabric did you use? It looks quite interesting.

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
October 30, 2011 at 8:55 AM delete

I think that's a fantastic skirt and works so well with the blue top. Was it a dificult fabric to sew?

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
November 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM delete

Love the skirt!! Overall, a fabulous ensemble :)

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
November 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM delete

that skirt is pure gold! well done, lady :)

Reply
avatar