Leopard Print

4:20 PM 3 Comments A+ a-

Here's another quick project I worked up for my New York trip a few weeks ago. 

I've been obsessed with making/buying a leopard print top for several months now. It pretty much all started with these pins from Pinterest (mostly the first one)...




But I hadn't really been able to find a fabric I liked to make one. I did however find this sort of tacky, ruffly, polyester top at Goodwill a month or two ago and I thought I could make it work for now, until I found something better.  


Ugly ruffled sleeves...

So this is the result. I took it in a few inches on each side, I wanted to keep the blousey feel but it was an XL originally so it needed to be trimmed down a bit. I also cut off the cuff, removed the ruffly bit of fabric, shortened the sleeve and reattached the cuffs. They're both the same length in real life even though though they don't look like it in the picture. It's maybe not the most perfect shirt ever but it is comfy and definitely "adequate for the purpose" as my aunt would say.



One more thing:

The lovely Ginger of Ginger Makes nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Such a doll with such awesome knitting skills! I'm crazy jealous because I'm so intimidated by knitting! Anyway, here are the answers to the questions associated with this award.


Favorite color: turquoise, and lets face it, probably pink
Favorite animal: my cat
Favorite number: I don't know if I've ever thought about it... Maybe 25? I'm turning 25 on July 25 and I think it's going to be a good year!
Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Dr. Pepper, it's terrible I know but I'm addicted. Maybe I'll get help soon.
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
My passion: my faith, the boy in my life, my family, my job raising money for good causes, sewing, reading, eating cheese and other things that are bad for me, discovering cool things to do in my city
Getting or giving presents: definitely both
Favorite Pattern: Right now it's either Colette's Clovers or the Bombshell dress from Gertie's Craftsy course, but it changes monthly
Favorite day of the week: Friday
Favorite flower: peonies (same as Ginger!)
Favorite celebrity role model: Amy Poehler, I adore her. Close seconds are Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling and Kristen Wiig. Basically any lady that is hilarious...

Happy Monday darlings!

3 comments

Write comments
Heather
AUTHOR
April 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM delete

Nice reconstruction! I'm not normally a fan of animal print, but this one is nice. And the finaly result looks really good on you. :)

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
April 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM delete

What a fabulous top! I love leopard print, and you are totally rocking this look!

Reply
avatar
Ginger
AUTHOR
April 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM delete

Love the leopard top-- great refashion! I love Dr. Pepper, too... I know I shouldn't consume corn syrup... but I love, love, love pop (soda?) so much! I limit myself to a max of one soda a day, though. Gotta draw the line somewhere. :)

So fun to hear more about you!

Reply
avatar