Did you make that?

3:29 PM 3 Comments A+ a-



After sewing for about a year and a half I'm finally starting a blog! I've gotten so much inspiration and information from all the incredible sewing bloggers out there but I didn't think I had enough to say or enough skill to blog about my sewing addiction. However, since the holidays I've been more motivated to sit on my couch than sew! I'm hoping this blog will give me some accountability and will help me track my progress! So, in the spirit of accountability, I'm participating in Me-Made-March! Here it goes...

I, Forrest, sign up as a participant in Me-Made-March '11. I endeavor to wear one item of hand-made or re-fashioned clothing each (work) day for the duration of March 2011.

I'm allowing myself the option to only wear hand-made items on work days because most of what I make are work clothes and often on the weekends I live in sweats... However, hopefully I'll be inspired to either make sweats or look cuter on Saturdays!





So a little bit about me: I'm 23, a graduate of the University of Texas (hook em!), and the Development Director for a great nonprofit! My mother is a fabulous seamstress and made my sister and I darling dresses as children. She tried to teach me to sew around junior high but I was, of course, completely dis-interested. When I moved into my first apartment my senior year of college, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas to make pillows and curtains. Flash forward 8 months and I was living by myself for the first time and pretty unhappy with my job and the city I was living in, so I decided to take up sewing as a pastime until I figured everything out. Now, a year and a half later I live in a new city, love my job and am still sewing! I hope this blog helps me to become an even better seamstress!

3 comments

Write comments
Sewingadicta
AUTHOR
March 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM delete

Hey, girl, Welcome! I look forward to all your achievements in this world of sewers, if I can be of some help to you, you know ... whistling an email.

Reply
avatar
Forrest
AUTHOR
March 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM delete

Thanks so much! I'll take you up on that!

Reply
avatar
Dibs
AUTHOR
April 20, 2011 at 1:46 AM delete

Hello, unlike Rosy, I'm not really experienced myself, but I like reading other peoples journeys. Looking forward to your creations

Reply
avatar