A first...

11:00 AM 4 Comments A+ a-

Drum roll please... For the first time ever, I'm working on a Sew Weekly challenge! It will be a miracle if it gets finished but I'm trying. Also, I took this picture of the fabric thinking it would be a cool "sneak peak", but in reality, the dress is not much more completed than this. It's still just a pile of fabric waiting until tomorrow afternoon to be worked on...


In other musings, I LOVE this version of Simplicity 2250 that was featured on BurdaStyle yesterday. I've made the dress and I've been dying to make the jacket but couldn't figure out which fabric I wanted to use. The denim is genius! Coming soon...



Finally, in the midst of all my other sewing (ps the bias binding on my Sorbetto tank is a NIGHTMARE) I'm thinking about making a dress for a wedding I'm going to next weekend. I think I'm going to make Butterick 5599 in navy blue. Anyone made this dress yet?


Happy Thursday!





4 comments

Write comments
Gail
AUTHOR
June 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM delete

Your going through a spotty period aren't you! How is the green spot dress going?

Reply
avatar
Forrest
AUTHOR
June 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM delete

I'm having fits with it! I had to line it because the fabric was too shear and now the waist is super bulky with all the extra fabric! Something to fix this weekend...

Reply
avatar
Rebecca
AUTHOR
June 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM delete

Can't wait to see your black and white dress. I love polka dots. Molly from Molly's Sewing and Garage Sale Adventures made that dress. I recall seeing it on her blog a few weeks ago. Good luck! :]

Reply
avatar
June 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM delete

looking foward to see your project ! xx

Reply
avatar