MMM Days 28-31: It's Over!

2:55 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Finally finished! Day 28: Same as Day 17, I'm really starting to love this dress. It's super comfy and I like the full skirt, it makes me want to twirl like a whirling dervish...
Day 29: Made this dress from New Look 6968 with a stretch cotton from JoAnns. I cut an 8 and the top fits perfectly but the bottom is a little baggy in the front so I'll have to make some adjustments to the darts. Other than that I think the pattern is really great so it will probably become a go-to. I also have a ton of this fabric left so it might also become a skirt or shorts or a jacket. Or all three...


Below: The dress in action at a donor reception at work!


PS This is by far the best finishing I've ever done on a dress! I kept telling my co-workers I wanted to wear it inside out so they could see how gorgeous it is inside! Maybe this will be an on-going trend...
Day 30: Same as Day 23, the top another pattern I really like, the base shirt is well drafted and I can play around with a ruffle or a tie. More of these to come...


Day 31: Finished off with a re-fashion I wore several times in this challenge. It's an easy dress in the mornings when I'm running late and it's always comfy. Thanks to the elderly lady who donated this dress to a thrift store for me to find!


Whew! Challenge over and man was I challenged! However, I really think MMM was a great motivator to get sewing projects done! I also wore several things I hadn't really worn in the past because I didn't think they were perfect but I made them so long ago that by now I don't remember the mistakes!


I've also learned that I have tons of dress and very few separates. I love to sew dresses because they're pretty but I definitely need to work on the tops, skirts and pants. I have a ton of vintage shirt patterns and a few printed satins to turn into tops so I think that will be next on the list...


Now that MMM is over I'm going to spend this week and weekend uploading vintage patterns to my Etsy shop, working on some separates and organizing my fabric. I'm also going to work on posting more on this blog and stop being a lazy blob on the couch when I get home from work. Off to drink wine and make mushroom pasta bake!


Happy Tuesday!