People are Reading My Mind!

10:19 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

First of all, finally finished the Sorbetto top. I gave up on making my own bias binding and bought some in a slightly contrasting shade of gray to finish the neck, arms and hem. Not sure if I love it but I'm not changing it now!





The top on the leopard print version of me, with the cat hiding behind...




Secondly, I am constantly amazed at how connected our brains are in the sewing blog community. It's like we have communal ESP! Just this week, my fellow Texan, Sarah at The Sew Weekly, made a dress crazy similar to the She's Out of My League dress I made earlier in the year for the black and white challenge. (PS pictures of my completed dress for the challenge will hopefully be up tomorrow)



Hers is made from a different pattern (also from Simplicity's Project Runway line) but with the exact same fabric from JoAnns! Guess I'm not the only one who thought that fabric screamed for a full skirt!



Secondly, I have a huge fashion box of thrift store finds begging to be re-fashioned so I thought I might use this week to do a
"New Dress a Day" style challenge to re-do a new piece everyday for 7 days. Then yesterday I found out that not only is The Sew Weekly challenge this week a re-fashion challenge, but Meg from Meg the Grand announced that she's doing a 7 day re-fashion challenge as well! It turns out, I wouldn't be able to do my challenge this week anyway, so I'm excited to read her blog and see what she creates! Great minds do think alike ;)



Hope everyone's having a fabulous Monday!

3 comments

Write comments
Dibs
AUTHOR
June 20, 2011 at 7:33 PM delete

The Monday was alright . I went out, thinking i was strong enough, then crawled back in not long after, totally wiped out. I got ur email, so will post probably on Wednesday.

Reply
avatar
Gail
AUTHOR
June 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM delete

Your top came out well. I love the black and white dress too.

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
July 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM delete

Oh, I love your Sorbetto top! It looks fantastic with the the ruffle, and the bias trim is spot on. I usually tell people they are standing too close to me if they can see my slightly different thread :) Thank you for the shout out!! You are fabulous and great minds do indeed think alike :)

Reply
avatar