8 Weeks to a Better Me: Week 8

9:01 PM 3 Comments A+ a-

Final week of 8 Weeks to a Better Me! I've really enjoyed completing these small, targeted goals and I'm excited that I've accomplished a lot of things that have been on my "to-do" list for awhile!
Last week's goals:

1. Go through my fabric and weed out any pieces that don't fit what I consider to be my "personal style". Accomplished, however, to be honest, I couldn't part with too many pieces.

2. Plan my sewing projects for the rest of the summer and fall based on what holes I have in my wardrobe. Planned for the summer, still working on the fall. Might be loosely based on this lookbook from Kate Spade that was just featured on the
Sew Weekly.


3. Weed out bags and accessories that don't match the rest of my wardrobe. Didn't happen but hopefully will this weekend...


This week focuses on
"Unleashing Your Creativity", such a fitting way to end this challenge!
My goals are to:

1. Take a Hipstamatic pic of something that inspires me every day this week.

2. Use the example of the "Make This Look" section of Sew Weekly to plan out some of the inspiration pieces I've tagged on Pintrest.

3. Visit a museum or other site that inspires me and take pictures.

In other news, the lovely Dibs of Dibs and the Machine sent me a copy of the June 2011 Burda! I've never used the magazine before and had been thinking about subscribing, but I wanted to see one first. After studying it thoroughly over the weekend, I've decided I'm definitely going to buy a subscription for my birthday. There are so many things I want to make! Thanks again to my girl Dibs!

(PS, I know I'm a huge dork but I had to show everyone the mailing envelope with the cool "Royal Mail" postage! I'm such an anglophile! How have I not visited London yet?)


Unfortunately there won't be much sewing going on for the next few days as the boyfriend is leaving on a month long, 4 continent spanning trip on Saturday and I'm trying to steal his attention as much as I can between now and then. However, I'm hoping that once he's gone, instead of moping and pining away, I'll channel my energy into my sewing machine and get tons of projects finished!

Happy Tuesday Shoesday!

3 comments

Write comments
July 6, 2011 at 4:11 AM delete

So good to see your progress !well done.

Reply
avatar
Meg the Grand
AUTHOR
July 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM delete

I adore Kate Spade! And I've been planning so many outfits based on Pinterest. That site is like crack - if it ever breaks down, I just might cry.

Reply
avatar
Forrest
AUTHOR
July 10, 2011 at 5:08 PM delete

Pintrest is seriously my life. I never get anything done anymore!

Reply
avatar