Baby you're a firework...

8:22 PM 2 Comments A+ a-

Amazingly finished a pencil skirt last night! I used McCalls 6038 which was a dream to sew! I finished it in under two hours including cutting! It's made with a light weight denim from JoAnns and a vintage zipper from an estate sale. My first attempt at a lapped zipper worked out! I have NO natural light in my apartment so sorry for the crazy dark, blurry pic...

Close-up of the lapped zipper...

I'm excited about this pattern working out as I've been really wanting to make several pencil skirts lately! All in all, it was good that I decided to wear a skirt and heels, rather than the pjs I wanted to wear (Mondays aren't my fav) because I ended up on the local news tonight! (I'm at the 47 sec mark)




Happy Monday!

2 comments

Write comments
Gail
AUTHOR
July 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM delete

News video is blank but the skirt is very nice.

Reply
avatar
July 19, 2011 at 3:34 PM delete

This skirt is so cute ! Well done on the Tv appearence and helping a good cause ! xx

Reply
avatar