SSS 19-22 and Massive Fabric Purchases

11:26 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I have not posted in FOREVER. And it's not even because I've been sewing furiously! The cocktail dress is nearly done, just needs a zipper and the ruffle attached but I should be done by now! The event is in a week and a half! AHHHHH!

Anyway, here's the Self Stitched September rundown...
Day 19: Black Asian Print dress; worn for work work work
Day 20: Refashioned Goodwill skirt; worn for work, an oil change and a ridiculous amount of fabric purchasing
Day 21: Denim skirt & Vintage Jersey top; worn for more work and dinner with the boy
Day 22: My Fair Lady dress; worn for our monthly Board Meeting, then removed so I could crash on the couch for hours...
In other news, I have added 37 yards of fabric to my stash in the last 2 weeks! OMG! What happened to my stash busting goal you may ask? I clearly ignored it in favor of RIDICULOUSLY cheap fabric...
First up, our Austin trip last Friday turned into a thrifting mission and I found some great deals on fabric, especially when the guy checking me out at the thrift store kept remarking at how expensive the fabric had been priced and ended up charging me like $10 less than it had been marked! All this for $20...
From left to right it's a grey linen (6 yards), royal blue lining (5.5 yards), teal green rayon (4 yards), and blue green polyester knit (3 yards)...
Next up, while getting an oil change at Walmart, I snuck into the fabric section and ended up finding some amazing deals on fabric! It's probably not linen but it looks like it and all but the teal fabric (which was $3 a yard) was $1.50 a yard! Seriously couldn't believe it! I think these pieces will be great for some fall suiting like outfits. Shift dresses, skirts, vests, jackets, etc...

From left to right, black linen-like? (4 yards), charcoal linen-like (6 yards), light grey linen-like (3 yards) and teal linen-like (1 yard)...
Look at the price tag! $9.00 for 6 yards! Crazy town...

Hope you're all having an amazing weekend ladies!